Hotel Bellhop: Research, Storyboards and Script.

To start with I needed to figure out the scenario in which Bellhop Moom is reenacting, with this the group and I came up with the scenario below.  This involved Moom loading luggage to the trolley and  then seeing that there is no more room for the last suitcase, so decides to drag it along behind him and ends up pushing the trolley in the wrong direction; causing it to go bundling down the hotel steps and out the front door. Ultimately causing a crash and ending up in the roller-skate diner.

Worked Script for Hotel bellhop - script credit Kimberly Davis.


I from there I then designed a couple of costumes for the Bellhop for Moom to wear. For this I tried to keep it simple; as I really wanted his personality to come through, this consisted of adding in his scruffy attire of too small trousers, high socks and untied shoes with his Walkman in tow.



I then looked as things you would have in a hotel lobby, this came with looking at imagery to add to the lobby set in the storyboards to make it seem more real-world.



We then discussed further how we wanted to shoot the scenes; since it has to be filmed from a stationary point of view. With this in mind, we as a group thought it be good to set it up as if it is being filmed through a CCTV camera. - Much like a you've been framed scenario where accidents are caught on film.

So keeping this in mind, I then storyboarded the scenario to see how it will play out.






 With this complete I then transferred the shots to premiere pro to create the 2D animatic. 

2D Animatic

Comments

Popular Posts